pspp-users

Re: Any chance of matrix input being implemented?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Any chance of matrix input being implemented?
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 13:09:52 +0200

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 10:29:23AM +0200, Jaap Verhage wrote:
     I hope this is the right place to pose my question; I couldn't find any
other. I'm doing a literature research on reading problems in children, and I
like to do my own re-analysis of the data that the researchers report. This is
possible if the authors of an article report N of cases, means, standard
deviations and a complete correlation matrix of the variables measured. SPSS
then allows me to use this as input with procedures like FACTOR and REGRESSION.
But that means that matrix input must be accepted by these procedures. As I'm
not sure how long I will be able to use SPSS in the future, I'm looking for
alternatives. Naturally, my first choice is PSPP, but unfortunately, PSPP
doesn't support matrix input of the kind I'm talking about. Is there a chance
of it being implemented? I am quite ready to do something in return. I'm not a
programmer, but I could do translation work from English into Dutch.

I've pushed a few changes to git implementing the MATRIX DATA command, and a
MATRIX IN subcommand to FACTOR.  REGRESSION hasn't been done yet - but you might
like to give some feedback in the meantime.

PSPP's standard lack of warranty applies.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3