pspp-users

Re: PSPP does not allow data entry

From: Ryoko Yamamoto
Subject: Re: PSPP does not allow data entry
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 00:40:58 +0000

Hi Friedrich,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry it took me a while to get OS info from students.

One student uses Mac OS Mojave (I also use PSPP on Mojave without a problem)
and another student uses Windows 10.

PSPP Version: The Mac student uses pspp-1.2.0-2.dmg and Windows student uses
2019-11-09-Daily-32bit, both the latest stable versions released in Nov 2019

I Zoomed with the student using Windows today and saw her problems via shared
screen. She was able to enter Value Labels, but when she tries to enter a
Label, PSPP would delete it. When she tried to enter something in Data View,
the cell reverted back to blank when she hit enter. She was unable to change
decimal points either. However, she was able to create a new variable with a
label through a recoding process.

I would appreciate if you could help us a clue to solve this mystery.

Thank you,

Ryoko

Ryoko Yamamoto, Ph.D
Associate Professor, Sociology Department
Acting Associate Director of Academic Assessment
SUNY Old Westbury