pspp-users

Re: PSPP language

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: PSPP language
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 09:05:47 -0500

This is how this kind of question has been answered in the past:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pspp-users/2014-09/msg00011.html

(That's one email in a thread, you can read the whole thread by clicking
the links at the bottom).

PSPP does it's best to use your local language, so either you need to
change that (which for many people is not helpful because it affects the
whole computer) or else delete the translations so that PSPP has to
display in English. PSPP comes with a bunch of translation files (which
list all the English strings and how they should be translated into a
target language). If you delete the one matching your computer's
setting, PSPP cannot use it and will revert to English.

If this isn't clear, please let us know what kind of computer (windows
10?) that you are using and, if you know it, the language setting, and
we'll try to be more specific.

It would also be fantastic if you could help make the broken translation
better (see John's point in the above email; he provides a link). A
common way the translations are broken is by being incomplete.

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

http://www.alanmead.org

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun
is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.

-- Mark Twain