pspp-users

Re: Malformed sav file - need help for investigation

From: Ignácz , István
Subject: Re: Malformed sav file - need help for investigation
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 19:24:32 +0200

Thanks, Ben for the quick response!

Yes, the ultimate goal is to add a patch to the package which fixes the
problem or throws an error if the user of the package (in this case me)
provides invalid input. I think I'm facing the later.

One significant difference between the test file and my case is that in my
case no variables and no cases are recognized so the reading process
basically crashes.
I think I've found the part where the PSPP ends up in a 'goto error'
(sys-file-reader.813) but I lack the context of what's going on here. I
guess the value labels could be misconfigured? Maybe there's a value in a
record that doesn't have a label in the variable settings?

If I would know a little bit more about what happens in that part and why
that causes an error, maybe I could force my (and tiamo's) code to reliably
produce the error.

Thanks,
István

--

*István Ignácz*
Software Engineer @ Neticle

+36 30 460 5356
istvan.ignacz@neticle.com
neticle.com

<https://neticle.com/mediaintelligence/en/>  <https://zurvey.io/>
<https://api.neticle.com/>  <https://data.neticle.com/documentation>

Neticle Labs Ltd.
Address: H-1082 Budapest, Leonardo da Vinci  41. (2nd floor/12)
Billing address: H-1213 Budapest, Veto street 10.