pspp-users

Re: seeking a good data set for CTABLES examples

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: seeking a good data set for CTABLES examples
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 10:01:31 -0800

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 8:50 AM <jhwhite@techwriteinc.com> wrote:

It would be helpful if gridlines could be shown. I realize the tables could be imported into Word, Excel, or other applications, and lines could be added. I assume that the tables in PSPP would have hidden lines (cells) to import to an application. In SPSS, I used the Tables option to display data for lay personnel, and not so much for me as I was okay with the non-table formats generated by SPSS and, thanks to you, PSPP. My data tables were used in grant applications for federal and state funding and to discuss using big data findings with college and university personnel. It amazes me that most colleges and universities do not see the value of data mining and reporting.

PSPP supports all SPSS TableLooks, both standard and custom. You just point it to the .tlo file using SET TLOOK or a command-line option.

I would be interested in knowing the cell reporting options (row, column, sheet counts and percentages, etc.) you plan to use. I do not need to know this now. When I used SPSS, there were some annoying limitations on displaying stats and formats. I am excited about what you have done and realize that enhancements will be made over time, just as you always have with PSPP.

I plan to support all the summary functions mentioned in the SPSS syntax referenc for CTABLES. I already support most of them. I am not sure whether I will initially support multiple-response sets; I haven't written any code for them yet.