pspp-users

Re: about pspp for windows

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: about pspp for windows
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 20:36:49 -0600

This seems to be the current Windows version of PSPP. It is probably perfectly safe and it installs and works correctly for me.

It installed 1.5.3-g8d023f which is bleeding edge new with all the latest features and possibly some bugs. I didn't test it much, but it pulled up an SPSS SAV file and ran some stats for me.

But if there's an existing version of PSPP, I recommend you delete or uninstall it before installing this because the installer can be really slow. I guess this is a known issue:

Uninstalling PSPP fixed the issue for me. The first article says that turning off MSE will also fix it, but don't do that unless you know what that means and you are OK with doing so.

-Alan