pspp-users

RE: about pspp for windows

From: Elio Spinello
Subject: RE: about pspp for windows
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 18:41:56 -0800

I have installed the Windows version on two different computers and have not run into any problems at all. The message box that pops up simply informs you that you may run into a problem with the Windows installer program since it is new and still under development. So far, my experience has been that for me it has worked fairly reliably.

Your second image shows the program being installed to the PSPP-TESTING folder for the same reason, which I believe is most likely to keep it separate from prior Windows versions that were installed using a different installer. My assumption is that this was probably done so that in the event of a problem the prior installation would not be overwritten.

Keeping in mind that I am simply a user and have no particular insights, my suggestion is to go ahead give it a try. If there is a problem, it will probably result in PSPP not launching properly and/or producing error messages, however that has not been the case in my experience.

Elio Spinello

Elio Spinello, EdD

RPM Consulting, LLC

27943 Seco Canyon Rd  #320