pspp-users

Re: build pspp 1.2.0 from source fails on linux

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: build pspp 1.2.0 from source fails on linux
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 15:43:11 -0500

I have no familiarity with msgfmt, but the error says that your build cannot find a library named gettext version 0.21. So, maybe you need to install it? Or update it to at least 0.21? Or ensure the build process is looking for it in the correct place? If you're running Ubuntu, it looks like older Ubuntu have older versions of this library:

https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=gettext

-Alan