pydonkey-general

Re: [Pydonkey-general] moving from twisted?

From: Joël Vennin
Subject: Re: [Pydonkey-general] moving from twisted?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:04:18 +0200

Le Vendredi 25 Juillet 2003 12:25, vous avez écrit :
> i think py2peer would be a really cool project if it were on twisted
> if you wanted more ppl to hack on it, making it twisted based would be the
> way to go, because there is a growing community surrounding the twisted
> project. .
The first version of PyDonkey was on Twisted. The problem is that i've asked
several times the ML and the irc about how limit the bandwidth and they
haven't good solution (IMO). So i've tested several technics with Twisted but
nothing good to limit correctly the bandwidth ....

> are you concerned about the size of the twisted codebase?
> i think most ppl see this huge api and say its too large, but really you
> dont use most of it, just whats applicable to your project
>
> twisted has bandwidth limiting, and can do everything you say
> you want pysocket to do. .
Hehe sure see how work Throttle in twisted try example and you can understand
why i prefer to make another solution around limit the bandwidth ....

> but i am not against diversity in software projects
> i just think py2peer would be something of value to twisted. .
Sure but there is some problem around the Twisted limit bandwidth approach
.... so it's why i've decided to create your own. Next, pysocket consum very
low CPU and memory usage and i want to design it for p2p. But I know that
Twisted is a good (very) API. PySocket is not a competitor of Twisted, just a
set of functionnalities for asynchronous netwok.

> keep hacking :)
Thanks you for your participation !

> have a good day
You too !