qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 0/3] add QMP command to reset rtc interrupt back

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 0/3] add QMP command to reset rtc interrupt backlog (v3)
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 13:41:14 -0600

On 06/02/2014 01:20 PM, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 01:05:50PM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
>> On 06/02/2014 11:51 AM, address@hidden wrote:
>>> It is necessary to reset RTC interrupt backlog if guest time is
>>> synchronized via a different mechanism, such as QGA's guest-set-time
>>> command.
>>>
>>> Failing to do so causes both corrections to be applied (summed),
>>> resulting in an incorrect guest time.
>>
>> Please send v3 of a series as a new top-level thread instead of buried
>> as a reply to v2.
>
> I prefer to delete whole threads i am not interested in.
>
> What is the problem with threads for you ?

Threads are good.  But one thread per version of a series is better than
one thread for ALL versions of the series, as documented in our patch
submission guidelines:
http://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch

Since most of contributors are already doing that, most reviewers have
gotten into the habit of assuming that any replies to a series are in
regards to things to fix, rather than looking for a new version of the
series.  I'd rather kill several threads for versions of a series, then
later learn that a new revision of the series needs my review; than kill
a single thread, at which point I no longer see any new versions in my
inbox but also lose any chance to be easily pulled back in to that topic.