qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Block layer meeting notes from June 10/11

From: Jeff Cody
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Block layer meeting notes from June 10/11
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:40:57 -0400

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 09:28:28PM +0800, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:

<snip>

>  * Arbitrary nodes
>   * drive-mirror of arbitrary node
>   * block-stream of arbitrary node
>   * Jeff Cody's block-commit of arbitrary node patch series
>
> Action:
>  * Add base-nodename argument to block-stream command [Benoit]
>  * Add top-nodename argument to block-stream command [Benoit]
>   * If command can modify part of a backing chain, need to add option
> to update the parent's backing filename field on disk!
>   * Add optional backing-filename argument (since libvirt may use fd
> passing and QEMU's filename is useless)
>   * Add boolean whether to update backing file (for users who don't
> need to override backing filename)
>  * drive-mirror (block-mirror) of arbitrary node [Benoit]
>  * Deprecate filename references in QMP commands in favour of node
> names (e.g. streaming base) [Jeff?]

Please see my node-name patch series - it addresses block-stream in
addition to block-commit, and also allows updating the parent's
backing filenames as well.  Libvirt and OpenStack have been testing
their relative pathname functionality (including gluster protocol
relative pathnames) with these patches.

-Jeff