qemu-devel

Re: meson: problems building under msys2/mingw-w64 native

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: meson: problems building under msys2/mingw-w64 native
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 15:18:31 +0200

Il lun 24 ago 2020, 13:06 Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland@ilande.co.uk> ha scritto:
Within configure the default location to ninja is overridden via
"NINJA=$PWD/ninjatool $meson setup ..." and subprocess.Popen() sends the filename to
Win32's CreateProcess() which fails because ninjatool is not a native executable but
a shell script. Any thoughts as to what would be the best solution here?

The simplest stopgap solution is to remove the NINJA= override and install ninja. It will only be used to build the compile_commands.json file.

Paolo

2) GTK UI now depends on CONFIG_VTE

This one I spotted on my local Linux setup as I didn't have the libvte-dev package
installed and couldn't understand why I couldn't run QEMU with the GTK UI as I always
do, even though configure reported that it found the GTK library and headers.

A quick search showed that the GTK UI was being guarded by "if
config_host.has_key('CONFIG_GTK') and config_host.has_key('CONFIG_VTE')" in
ui/meson.build.

For me the easy solution was to install libvte-dev, but since there are no VTE
packages for Windows my guess is this will now make the GTK UI unavailable for
Windows users.

ATB,

Mark.