qemu-devel

Re: vnc clipboard support

From: Marc-André Lureau
Subject: Re: vnc clipboard support
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 12:34:32 +0400

Hi

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 12:28 PM Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com> wrote:

Well.  That is a completely different level of desktop integration.
It surely makes sense to have that, and dbus-over-vsock looks like
a reasonable choice.

(using vsock & dbus also goes in the direction where UIs and remote server can run in different processes and come and go btw)

But I'm more after a solution for the "paste that long link into the
guest firefox" problem, without putting everything upside-down 😊

In this case, I would say an agent-less text-to-type solution (even with its very limited scope) is quite attractive.

--
Marc-André Lureau