qemu-devel

Re: vnc clipboard support

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: vnc clipboard support
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 09:09:33 +0100

  Hi,

> Just a random thought: the guest should not be able to sniff, steal, or
> overwrite host-side clipboard (selection) content, without the host user
> explicitly requesting a clipboard operation.

Sure.  vncviewer has command line options for that, and you can also
change it at runtime (F8 -> Options -> Input).

Additionally I'd make that optional at qemu level, i.e. something along
the lines of "-vnc $display,clipboard={on,off}" (details depending on
the actual implementation of course).

take care,
  Gerd