qemu-devel

Re: Makefile has local changes that will be overwritten

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: Makefile has local changes that will be overwritten
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 15:58:14 +0100

Am 01.02.21 um 15:23 schrieb Programmingkid:

When trying to build QEMU I see this error:

error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by
checkout:
        Makefile
Please commit your changes or stash them before you switch branches.
Aborting

What I do to see this error:
./configure --target-list=i386-softmmu

I suggest to start with a clean installation (or clean your existing installation manually, especially remove the generated Makefile) and run configure from a subdirectory:

mkdir -p build && cd build && ../configure --target-list=i386-softmmu

Running ./configure is no longer supported.

Regards,

Stefan