qemu-devel

virtio-pci reset option

From: Ani Sinha
Subject: virtio-pci reset option
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 17:09:23 +0530

Hi MST:

ref: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-pci

What: /sys/bus/pci/devices/.../reset
Date: July 2009
Contact: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>
Some devices allow an individual function to be reset
without affecting other functions in the same device.
For devices that have this support, a file named reset
will be present in sysfs.  Writing 1 to this file
will perform reset.

Can you please tell me which change in the kernel virtio-pci driver
enabled this option to be available in sysfs? The kernel we are
running does not seem to have this option for virtio-pci devices. I
cannot seem to pin-point the exact change that is needed to get this.

thanks

ani