qemu-devel

[RFC] tcg plugin: Additional plugin interface

From: Min-Yih Hsu
Subject: [RFC] tcg plugin: Additional plugin interface
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 10:46:49 -0700

Hi Alex and QEMU developers,

Recently I was working with the TCG plugin. I found that `qemu_plugin_cb_flags` seems to reserve the functionality to read / write CPU register state, I'm wondering if you can share some roadmap or thoughts on this feature?

Personally I see reading the CPU register state as (kind of) low-hanging fruit. The most straightforward way to implement it will be adding another function that can be called by insn_exec callbacks to read (v)CPU register values. What do you think about this?

Thank you
-Min
--
Min-Yih Hsu
Ph.D Student in ICS Department, University of California, Irvine (UCI).