qemu-devel

Re: how do I run a single acceptance test?

From: Willian Rampazzo
Subject: Re: how do I run a single acceptance test?
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 12:24:59 -0300

Hi, Peter,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 7:56 AM Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi; I'm trying to bisect a problem that's causing an acceptance
> test failure, but docs/devel/testing.rst doesn't have any info about
> how to run just one acceptance test rather than the whole lot
> via 'make check-acceptance'. Is this possible?

I know this was discussed on IRC, but just for documenting on the
mailing list, you can use the following, as an example, to run all the
tests from file boot_linux_console.py:

build/tests/venv/bin/avocado run build/tests/acceptance/boot_linux_console.py

Or, if you want to run a specific test:

build/tests/venv/bin/avocado run
build/tests/acceptance/boot_linux_console.py:BootLinuxConsole.test_sh4_r2d

I'll send an update to the documentation explaining the above.

Regards,

Willian