qemu-devel

Re: AArch64 semihosting?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: AArch64 semihosting?
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 11:01:55 +0100

On Thu, 26 May 2022 at 09:32, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@livius.net> wrote:
> > On 26 May 2022, at 11:20, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
> >
> > ... can you provide us with
> > a reproduce case (eg the binary you used here)?
>
> Sure. I'll try to attach it to this message, it is only 64K.
>
> The command I used to run the test is in the previous message.
>
> Please confirm that you get the same behaviour on your machine.

Yes, I can reproduce this. What seems to be happening is that
QEMU decides to do semihosting via gdb, but then crashes because
gdbserver_state.c_cpu is NULL (which in turn is probably because
there is no GDB connected). This is strange given the 'target=native'
in the command line. I'll investigate further...

Did you intend to pass '-s' (allow gdbstub connection) but not
'-S' (wait on startup for gdb to connect and say "continue"),
by the way?

-- PMM