qemu-devel

Re: Is the fix for "DMA MMIO reentrancy" in qemu stable now?

From: Alexander Bulekov
Subject: Re: Is the fix for "DMA MMIO reentrancy" in qemu stable now?
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 14:09:44 -0500

On 230302 1627, byzero wrote:
> Hi,
> The bug class of MMIO reentrancy is fixed by adding a member "memory" in
> the struct "MemTxAttrs", but the patch only exists in 7.x version, which is

As a side-note, that patch doesn't fix the entire class of
DMA-reentrnacy bugs. There are still active DMA reentrancy issues. I
believe this is the closest we have to a "global" fix is which will
hopefully make it into mainline qemu soon:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230205040737.3567731-1-alxndr@bu.edu/