qemu-devel

Re: Adding default config options to the tuxrun baseline kernels and ena

From: David Woodhouse
Subject: Re: Adding default config options to the tuxrun baseline kernels and enabling sshd
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 13:26:40 +0000

On Fri, 2023-03-24 at 13:53 +0100, Remi Duraffort wrote:
> Le ven. 24 mars 2023 à 12:02, Alex Bennée <alex.bennee@linaro.org> a écrit :
> >   version: 1
> >   name: Xen Guest Kernels
> >   jobs:
> >   - builds:
> >       - {target_arch: x86_64, toolchain: gcc-12, kconfig: [defconfig,
> > "CONFIG_XEN=y", "CONFIG_XEN_PVHVM=y", "CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=y",
> > "CONFIG_XEN_PVHVM_GUEST=y"]}
> >       - {target_arch: i386, toolchain: gcc-12, kconfig: [defconfig,
> > "CONFIG_XEN=y", "CONFIG_XEN_PVHVM=y", "CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=y",
> > "CONFIG_XEN_PVHVM_GUEST=y"]}
> >     test: {device: qemu-x86_64, tests: [ltp-smoke]}
>

> The kernels and rootfs are built by this gitlab
> project: https://gitlab.com/LinaroLtd/tuxsuite.com/tuxtest/tuxtest-bu
> ildroot using buildroot.
> So for sure we can add sshd support quickly. Regarding the support
> for xen, this can be added for arm64 if you want (only arm64 or
> something else)?

Thanks. This request was for x86_64 and i386 kernels, rather than
arm64.

I think arm64 Xen support is coming to qemu but it requires real Xen —
while what we're wanting to test here is *emulating* Xen on Linux/KVM,
which isn't something that we support on arm64. So I suspect there's
not a lot of benefit in adding it to the arm64 builds? Vikram, Stefano,
what do you think?

Adding CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=y in addition to the above options
would be appreciated too please; we haven't yet made that actually work
in the Xen emulation but we plan to fairly soon.