qemu-devel

Re: On integrating LoongArch EDK2 firmware into QEMU build process

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: On integrating LoongArch EDK2 firmware into QEMU build process
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 14:12:36 +0200

On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 08:54:16AM +0800, maobibo wrote:
> Xuerui,
>
> Thanks for your mail, it is a good suggestion. Now we are planing to
> move LoongArch uefi bios from edk2-platform to edk2 repo, so that uefi
> bios supporting LoongArch can be auto compiled and uploaded to qemu
> repo. Only that process is somwhat slow since lacking of hands,
> however we are doing this.

Good, so I think it makes sense for qemu to just wait for that to
happen.

Related question:  What are the requirements to build the firmware?
Fedora 38 ships cross compiler packages ...

  binutils-loongarch64-linux-gnu-2.39-3.fc38.x86_64
  gcc-loongarch64-linux-gnu-12.2.1-5.fc38.x86_64

... but when trying to use them to compile the loongarch firmware gcc
throws errors:

loongarch64-linux-gnu-gcc: error: unrecognized command-line option
‘-mno-explicit-relocs’

I suspect gcc-12 is just too old?

take care,
  Gerd