qemu-discuss

How to get process memory mappings in qemu-user via GDB (aka /proc/pid/m

From: Dominik Czarnota
Subject: How to get process memory mappings in qemu-user via GDB (aka /proc/pid/maps)
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 23:32:36 +0200

Hey,

Is there a way to list qemu-user GDB debugged process memory maps similar to what we get via procfs on Linux (aka /proc/$PID/maps file)?
Such functionality would be helpful for low level/native GDB plugins like pwndbg [1] or gef [2].

If it is not there: can anyone point me to the code where it could be added or what pieces of code could be reused for that? (I haven't looked at qemu codebase yet)

[1] https://github.com/pwndbg/pwndbg/
[2] https://github.com/hugsy/gef/

Best regards,
Disconnect3d