qemu-discuss

Re: Emulate custom machine on qemu-4.2.0

From: abhijeet inamdar
Subject: Re: Emulate custom machine on qemu-4.2.0
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 13:13:09 +0200

Now there are some many UART implemented in the hw/char. What should we look for or how do you choose which one to use? or implement similar kind.

Same case for I2C also.

 I'm new to these so can you suggest me the basic one so that I can try and implement it?

Thank you,
Abhijeet.

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021, 10:58 Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
On Wed, 15 Sept 2021 at 08:23, abhijeet inamdar
<abhijeetinamdar3005@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As my custom machine is based on cortex-m3 I checked the stellaris.c https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/stable-4.2/hw/arm/stellaris.c#1384,1390. Does only this part define the UART peripheral for this machine? Can you point out any basic examples so that I can refer to ARM M3.

Stellaris is an older machine type and not such a great example
of code, but it does have a uart, yes. The function pl011_luminary_create()
is what creates the UART (which is the pl011, in hw/char/pl011.c).

-- PMM