qemu-discuss

Re: make coverage-html failed with no rule found

From: Jiatong Shen
Subject: Re: make coverage-html failed with no rule found
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 19:14:46 +0800

thank you very much for reply. I am using master branch. I think I have to configure with  --enable-gcov enabled.
and then make and make coverage-html works.

Thank you for the help.

Best,
Norman

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 6:27 PM Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
On Wed, 18 May 2022 at 10:14, Jiatong Shen <yshxxsjt715@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello community,
>
>     I am trying to get qemu uniting test coverage report. I find this https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/devel/testing.html#gcc-gcov-support link might be relevant. but when I execute make  coverage-html.
>
> it complains
> make: *** No rule to make target 'coverage-html'.  Stop

You don't say what version of QEMU you're trying to do this on.
Is this with the current git ?

I expect that the coverage tests have broken at some point; we
don't really use them in practice I think.

Alex, did you ever look at this, or am I misremembering?

thanks
-- PMM

--

Best Regards,