qemu-discuss

Re: IPA range (41 bits) larger than the one supported by the host (40 bi

From: Jiatong Shen
Subject: Re: IPA range (41 bits) larger than the one supported by the host (40 bits)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 18:37:35 +0800

Hi,

   I've tried to use qemu 7.0 and indeed "qemu-system-aarch64 -cpu host -enable-kvm -machine virt -m size=4G,maxmem=512G" works this time! I also tried qemu 6.2 but it doesn't work.
we have some environments which unfortunately couldn't upgrade qemu to 7.0. So my question is is it possible to calculate a reasonable maxmem given slots for an older qemu? Thank you much for the help.

Best,
Norman