Re: [RP] FreeBSD ports collection fragment and RPM .spec

From: shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] FreeBSD ports collection fragment and RPM .spec
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:55:36 -0800

>Hi!
>
>I was thinking about writing up a Makefile and some other files
>for ratpoison that could be put to /usr/ports/x11-wm/ratpoison
>on FreeBSD 4.x (maybe CURRENT, but I'm not finished with my
>upgrade yet), that is, it could be made a port. Then we only
>have to submit it to the FreeBSD folks (that's the tricky thing
>as I couldn't find it in the docs yet).

This sounds cool! I've had the thot of installing freeBSD in the back
of my mind for some time now...

>Another thing I could do is an RPM .spec if anyone is interested,
>however, I don't have a RedHat system around, so I can't test
>how it installs (testing how it builds is no problem).

Well, an RPM would probably increase circulation. I tried to write one
once, but it didn't work and I didn't care enough to find out
why...What about using alien to convert the debian package to an RPM?