Re: [RP] ratpoison + xemacs -> infinite event loop

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] ratpoison + xemacs -> infinite event loop
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:45:29 +0100

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 01:34:34PM +1100, Ben Leslie wrote:
> I had this problem too. The INSTALL file lies ;)

My words exactly. (=

> aclocal
> automake -a -c
> autoconf
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> Seems to work for me though. (This was in the NEWS file)

Should these directions be added in the README or would the correct thing be to
already have run the commands before commiting configure-scripts and such to
cvs?

I don't know automake and it's friend. I havn't got a clue on which parts that
are project dependand and which ones that generade machine dependant files. But
my guess is that the first three commands output can be put in cvs. I'm basing
this guess on that "./configure ; make" has been enough to compile most of the
other software I've encountered.
--
/Martin