Re: [RP] Is 0.0.6 near ?

From: Ryan Yeske
Subject: Re: [RP] Is 0.0.6 near ?
Date: 10 Feb 2001 11:34:09 -0800

Gergely Nagy <address@hidden> writes:

> Thus spoke Ryan Yeske <address@hidden> on 2001-02-10 07:49:09:

> > > Aaah, yes. The fabled 0.0.6. Well well well. Perhaps this weekend will
> > > be the time. One can only hope, and pray...
> >
> > If you are to release a 0.0.6 soon I have code to commit, but it is
> > not yet ready.  Basically it fixes a bunch of crashing problems
> > related to window name lengths.
> >
> > Perhaps we should set a goal date for a 0.0.6 release.
> >

> BTW, I should commit things into debian/ before 0.0.6, to keep it up-to-date,
> but I can only do that when ratpoison won't change drastically. So I would
> propose a short freeze in the near future if possible...

What kinds of things to you have to commit into the debian dir?
(Sorry, I don't know anything about the debianization process.)

Could you briefly explain what kind of changes to the core source
affect you?  I am just rewriting some of the functions that have
hardcoded window length values, does this type of thing affect you?

I assume when you say 'freeze' you mean no more feature additions?  If
so I agree.

Ryan

--
Do I have a lifestyle yet?