Re: [RP] Is 0.0.6 near ?

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [RP] Is 0.0.6 near ?
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 20:46:20 +0100

Thus spoke Ryan Yeske <address@hidden> on 2001-02-10 11:34:09:

> What kinds of things to you have to commit into the debian dir?
> (Sorry, I don't know anything about the debianization process.)

debian/changelog mainly :)
and debian/rules that builds the .deb.

And the manpage should be moved to man/ from debian/, and I
will change it a bit, to be a nice page.

> Could you briefly explain what kind of changes to the core source
> affect you?  I am just rewriting some of the functions that have
> hardcoded window length values, does this type of thing affect you?

Not really. ./configure is what really matters. For example --with-debug
(or --enable-debug or something) worked differently in 0.0.5 as it
does now.

> I assume when you say 'freeze' you mean no more feature additions?  If
> so I agree.

That's what I meant. Say, a few hours so I can make my changes :)

BTW, I'm only on the net on evenings, and not every day.

Gergely Nagy \ mhp/|8]
--