[RP] A big set of changes [patch included]

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: [RP] A big set of changes [patch included]
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:10:42 +0100

Hi!

I was poking around in the ratpoison sources, and found that there
are still some char winname[100]; -like thing (for example in
src/actions.c. In src/actions.c's case, most of it is there because
of get_input(). From that I deduce that get_input() only accepts a
static number of chars, but that's not good. Wouldn't it be better
if get_input() would automagically reallocate its input buffer and
return that ?

So, instead of

void get_input (screen_info *s, char *prompt, char *str, int len);

We'd have

char *get_input (screen_info *s, char *prompt );

A diff that converts all get_input() using things to the new interface
is attached to this mail. It also changes some fprintf(stderr, ...)s
to PRINT_DEBUG()s. It also contains other changes, see the ChangeLog,
or the diff itself :)

After this change, only one static buffer exists in the ratpoison
code, and I cannot fix that.

If no-one objects to it, I'll commit my changes within a few minutes.

Oh! Shawn, could you please raise the message-size limit ? I like to
include patches in the mail body, so one can comment on it, but this
one (and usually all patches I happen to make :) is much larger
than 40k...

Cheers,
 Gergely Nagy \ mhp/|8]
--