Re: [RP] keybindings

From: Ryan Yeske
Subject: Re: [RP] keybindings
Date: 18 Feb 2001 12:33:04 -0800

shawn <address@hidden> writes:

> From the ChangLog:
>
>       * actions.c (key_actions): added additional keybindings to include
>       C- versions for all keys.
>
> in events.c in handle_key() to check if the key pressed matched a
> bound key, it would check if the modifiers matched the modifiers of
> the bound key. But if the modifiers of bound key was -1 then any
> modifiers were valid. This seems to have been removed.

yes. it has.

>  events.c (handle_key): can no longer over modify keystrokes
>
> Is this the changelog entry notifying the removal?

yes.

> Why was it removed?

because when we want to bind keys dynamically, there is no clean way
to specify the -1 parameter.  Getting rid of it required introduced
the restriction that over modification is no longer possible.

If you want C-ta and C-tC-a to do the same thing, bind both keys,
simple as that.  This is what screen seems to do, there are duplicate
bindings for things like next window (n & ^n).

We could test to see if the key matches with >= modification, but it
would require keeping the keybinding list sorted in decreasing order
of modifier state bits.  Too much code for my liking.

Ryan

--
I'm also against BODY-SURFING!!