Re: [RP] split-frame troubles

From: shawn
Subject: Re: [RP] split-frame troubles
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 00:16:06 -0700

>From: Gergely Nagy <address@hidden>
>Sender: address@hidden
>       <mailto:address@hidden>
>Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 05:26:17 +0200
>

>--PuGuTyElPB9bOcsM
>
>Hi there!
>
>I was playing with split-frame or whatever it is called, and
>experienced the following:
>
>I start up X with a plain xterm. No WM at all. Then, I run
>ratpoison from that xterm, C-t c, C-t c, launch two new xterms,
>C-t S, and there is no way I can switch to the third one. C-t space
>and friends switch between the top two. Is it a known problem or
>am I doing something wrong ?

C-t tab switches between frames. If the 3rd xterm is the xterm on the
bottom, it is in a different frame and you have to switch to that
frame. switching by number will put the window into the current frame
or switch to the frame that already contains the window. The same goes
for switching by name. I have yet to write docs on how the split
window stuff works...I suppose I should do that!