[RP] Rant. (Re: LP interview, irclog)

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: [RP] Rant. (Re: LP interview, irclog)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:37:33 +0200

Hi there!

I read the IRCLog from 04/06, featuring shawn, rc and
IndyBoy.

While it was pretty entertaining, I'd like to add a few
words if you don't mind (despite the fact I'm not an
RP developer myself, but a fanatic user).

First of all, rc said that the rat has its place (ie, gimp).
That's absolutely not true! You can control the rat cursor
from the keyboard if you really have to, but a more
elegant way to handle this problem is to write scripts! Yes,
scripts! That's what script-fu and the various gimp bindings
are for! Before I started using ratpoison, I even used gimp
from the console. While I'm not an artist, I could do everything
I needed using scripts. To be honest, comparing the things
I draw with the rat are far worse than the ones done without
it.

My conclusion is that you don't need a mouse to gimp. Real
artists probably use something better, like a drawing table.
Frankly, I think everyone should throw out the mouse like I
did.

Oh well. Thats it for now. I'm pretty angry of rc now, so,
off I go to hack the code to help make it <<30k again.

Cheers,
 Gergely 'KILL, KILL, KILL! POISON THE RAT!' Nagy