Re: [RP] Rant. (Re: LP interview, irclog)

From: Ben Leslie
Subject: Re: [RP] Rant. (Re: LP interview, irclog)
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 01:10:31 +1000

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, shawn wrote:

> >Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:34:18 -0700 (PDT)
> >From: Jonathan Walther <address@hidden>
> >Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden

> >There is some alternative way to "cut'n'paste" in X?  For instance, say,
> >an url from gnus into a netscape/mozilla browser window?  Please share!
>
> With XTest you could write some code in ratpoison to 'stuff' the
> keyboard with the current clipboard. This would be nice. As far as I
> know, the most commonly supported way is to press the middle mouse
> button (works in 'scrape and xterms), but that's not really a
> solution.

Netscape and the clipboard are the main reason I still need to mouse
(which is the reason for my other email re: mouse focus for split windows).

Emacs is all good and well but w3 mode really sucks. Slow to render and poor
rendering most of the time. (Really its the fact that most web site suck
so hard and couldn't follow a spec to save themselves).

Either way if someone can suggest mouseless cut'n'paste and mousless use
of netscape I'm all for it.

Benno
(catching up on old email :)