Re: [RP] A new `symbind' command

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [RP] A new `symbind' command
Date: Wed Sep 12 12:07:28 2001

> This is a good idea, although it's probably fairly easy to change both
> the <letter> and C-<letter> bindings in a .ratpoisonrc file.

True enough. But I'd like that C-<foo> follows <foo>. I tend to play
with keybindings with C-t :bind, to try this-and-that.

> It seems this would be most useful if it's used to bind <letter> and
> C-<letter> in the default ratpoison configuration.

It is, I modified actions.c to use this instead of binding the same
command to two keys.

> I've been looking through the mailing list archives, I seem to recall
> some discussion when <letter> and C-<letter> stopped being bound
> together by default, but I couldn't find it.

It didn't happen, according to the sources :)

IMHO, this is useful if you have a small keyboard (for example, my
father's laptop has awfully small keys), and you mistype things, which
I do often.

--
Gergely Nagy \ mhp/|8]