Re: [RP] come to papa... ratmenu is released

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: [RP] come to papa... ratmenu is released
Date: Sun Sep 16 18:39:01 2001

Jonathan Walther <address@hidden> writes:

> As of today I am releasing "ratmenu", a hacked version of 9menu which
> totally ignores the mouse.

> Enjoy!

Thanks, I did!
Pretty nice (although I second the idea of having alternate
keybindings).
I currently only have about four programs I start up
(emacs, a terminal, a web browser, xaos and pysol; by the way there
are elisp versions of terminals, web browsers and xaos, I'm still
waiting for an elisp card solitaire...); if I ever start needing
several different programs, I can see how this could be rather useful.
Which brings up a thought, currently to create a large menu, I need a
long command line:
ratmenu foo-1:bar-1 foo-2:bar-2 ... foo-n:bar-n
If ratmenu could read from a file (that might look like
foo-1:bar-1
foo-2:bar-2
...)
that could make it simpler to use.