Re: [RP] feature request; change to defwinpos

From: Mike Meyer
Subject: Re: [RP] feature request; change to defwinpos
Date: Sun Oct 14 14:53:02 2001

Jonathan Walther <address@hidden> types:
> Thank you.  Appreciate that.  However, doing the "windows %n %i"
> and grepping is quite bloaty when I want to translate a X id to
> an rp id from within my C code.
>
> If you would save code all around, instead of making the window
> number (according to rp) be the optional argument to delete,
> gravity, etc, make it be the X window id.  Shell scripts can
> then do the grep thing, and people using xlib inside C code
> can simply insert their window id.

Just out of curiosity, what other than set the window gravity (nee
position) does C code with the window id need to ask ratpoison to do
for it?

As a plug, I'll note that a CORBAfied rp would let you do all this
from C as easily as from any other language.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <address@hidden>                     http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?              A: Tell them your plans.