Re: [RP] The `link' command, ported to current CVS

From: Doug Kearns
Subject: Re: [RP] The `link' command, ported to current CVS
Date: Sat Oct 20 02:52:13 2001

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 10:28:30PM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:

> Why don't we just use bind?  What does link save us?
> This "link" command just seems like masturbation to me.

IIRC, Gergely thinks it is really designed for interactive use.

Personally, I just fire up my editor, edit .ratpoisonrc, and then
'restart' when experimenting with bindings.

Without a fully fledged line editor, not something I think is needed,
the bar is a bit too painful to use for long command lines.

> > > That would act like bind, duplicating some of it's code, that's why I
> > > thought that bind C-o link o is better. IMHO, it is quite
> > > straightforward too, for we have only one command which binds stuff to
> > > keys, and it binds only commands.
> >
> > I can see that, it's just that I don't really think it's name reflects
> > what it does - it doesn't actually link anything.

Regards,
Doug