Re: [RP] help showing unbound commands?

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [RP] help showing unbound commands?
Date: Sat Jan 19 10:40:04 2002

> i think it would be a good thing to see unbound commands in the help as well
> as those bound to keys.

I like the idea, but I don't think it should be added to the help
screen. Since ratpoison already has lots of commands, C-t ? is quite
full on my 1024x768 display. Aliases and unbound commands wouldn't fit
there nicely.

> it also would be practical to see aliases. maybe in the help or they could
> occur when giving alias without any arguments?

This sounds better :)

Maybe one could implement some argument handling for the help
command. So help without any arguments would work as it does now. With
an argument of "aliases" would display all the aliases, with
"unbound", it would display the unbound keys. This seesm to be the
most consistent to me.