Re: [RP] help showing unbound commands?

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] help showing unbound commands?
Date: Wed Jan 23 15:47:04 2002

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 11:42:39AM +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> I like the idea, but I don't think it should be added to the help
> screen. Since ratpoison already has lots of commands, C-t ? is quite
> full on my 1024x768 display. Aliases and unbound commands wouldn't fit
> there nicely.

your display is full? i have a few lines left on my 800x600-system.

the overkill solution would be to add several pages and ability to step
forward between them. i'm not sure if that's a good idea.

> > it also would be practical to see aliases. maybe in the help or they could
> > occur when giving alias without any arguments?
>
> This sounds better :)

does anyone feel like implementing it? or should i give it a try
when i have the time?

> Maybe one could implement some argument handling for the help
> command. So help without any arguments would work as it does now. With
> an argument of "aliases" would display all the aliases, with
> "unbound", it would display the unbound keys. This seesm to be the
> most consistent to me.

i still think that unbound should be shown with all the other commands.
aliases should not though.