Re: [RP] latest cvs xemacs problems

From: Ben Leslie
Subject: Re: [RP] latest cvs xemacs problems
Date: Tue Jan 22 15:43:03 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, shawn wrote:

> Ben Leslie <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, shawn wrote:
> >
> > > Ben Leslie <address@hidden> writes:
> > >
> > > [snip]

<mega-snip>

> > Around line 323 in events.c, (configure_request).
> >
> >       if (win->state != NormalState)
> >         {
> >           /* The window isn't visible so grant it whatever it likes */
> >           XConfigureWindow (dpy, win->w, e->value_mask &
> > (CWX|CWY|CWBorderWidth|CWWidth|CWHeight),
> >                             &changes);
> >           send_configure (win);
> >         }
> >       else
> >         {
> > #if 0
> >           /* Draw the hard line. Get back in line, you misbehaving
> >              window! */
> >           maximize (win);
> >           send_configure (win);
> > #endif
> >         }
> >
> > The #if-ed out lines are what I've added.
>
> Are you running the latest out of CVS? those lines have already been
> removed in the latest CVS...

Ummm the version in cvs also removes if (win->state != NormalState)
test as well. By readding that test to the latest version in cvs
xemacs works fine again. (Again this probably has side effects that
I don't know about.)

> > Hopefully this can help work out what the _real_ problem is :).
>
> xemacs is the problem. Its not icccm compliant.

Probably, unfortunately there is a lot of icccm noncompliant software
out there :(.

Benno