Re: [RP] BUG - 'defborder' with no argument

From: Doug Kearns
Subject: Re: [RP] BUG - 'defborder' with no argument
Date: Thu Jan 24 06:36:15 2002

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 02:16:49AM -0800, shawn wrote:
> Doug Kearns <address@hidden> writes:

<snip>

> > On a similar note, I think that the bar_window, help_window and friends
> > should either respect the defborder setting or have another way to
> > specify it - defbarborder perhaps.
>
> Hmmm. Is this a big deal? Why would you want to custo the way the bar
> looks that much?

Because I really don't like it at 1 pixel. No, I can't give you a
rational explanation as to why, I just don't like it alright :-) I
actually run the bar with no border.

It seems silly to me that you can customize everything except the bar
border. If you add this functionality then customization of visual
components is pretty much complete I think -> colours, fonts, padding
and borders.

The only exception - 'defbarloc' should probably become defbargravity
and accept a gravity argument. Although I don't want to run it in the
centre of the screen, I'm sure someone does :-)

Those def* commands really were the slippery slope ...

Regards,
Doug