Re: [RP] redefining maximised window geometry?

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] redefining maximised window geometry?
Date: Sat Nov 2 09:04:16 2002

Sean Cohen <address@hidden> writes:

> Not a revolutionary idea, I know, but how easy would it be? I'm not much
> of a programmer, so I don't know how much I could do, apart from
> testing. Perhaps the height-above-the-screen could be customised per
> window, based on how high the window needs to be to get the menus to hit
> the top.

Hi Sean,

Ratpoison has a command called defpadding. It sets the padding around
the edge of the screen so you can have a border around the top,
bottom, left and/or right of the screen. You can use negative numbers
too. So you could set the top padding to -4 for mozilla and
whatnot. The only problem is that its not per window. So you'd have to
change it ever time you switch windows. There also some issues when
you split the screen.

defpadding -4 0 0 0

That would move all windows up 4 pixels above the top of the
screen. With some hackity-hack scripting you COULD pull what you were
talking about off :).

Hope that gives you a place to start.

Shawn