Re: [RP] noticed something neat (shift insert)

From: John Meacham
Subject: Re: [RP] noticed something neat (shift insert)
Date: Sat Aug 16 16:49:09 2003

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 12:55:21PM -0500, Joe Corneli wrote:
> I happened to notice today that S-Insert is the equivalent of a button 3
> keypress vis a vis insertion of text.  So while universal selection of
> text without the mouse still may me a far off goal, insertion of already
> selected text is easy.

Another tip, if you are tired of accidentally middle clicking and
pasting into the incorrect xterm window, (something which is more common
when keyboard focus is detached from mouse position, like in ratpoison)

add this to your .Xresources  to disable mouse middle click pasting in
xterm:
XTerm*VT100.Translations: #override\n<Btn2Up>:ignore()

you can also add other translations to paste with key sequences other
that Shift-Insert or to paste different selections than PRIMARY (a
mapping to paste CLIPBOARD is particularly useful)

        John

John Meacham - California Institute of Technology, Alum. - address@hidden