Re: [RP] noticed something neat (shift insert)

From: twb
Subject: Re: [RP] noticed something neat (shift insert)
Date: Sun Aug 17 23:56:05 2003

Quoth Joe Corneli <address@hidden> on or about Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:55:21 -0500:

> I happened to notice today that S-Insert is the equivalent of a button 3
> keypress vis a vis insertion of text.

Correction: it's button *2* AFAIK.
1 = left, 2 = middle, 3 = right, 4/5 = scroll bar

> Oh, by the way, I also just noticed that this only seems to work for
> things running inside my terminal windows (e.g.  Emacs, bash), though it
> allows pasting text _from_ any window.  Sorry about the misinformation.

The select-to-copy is a xterm thing that other's picked up.
How do you convince emacs to stay inside a vt?  I use `export DISPLAY=""`.

--twb

--
 Pedantry is not just a hobby, it's a calling
 -- Bill Stewart-Cole [bofh.general]