Re: [RP] nested keymaps

From: Dan Aloni
Subject: Re: [RP] nested keymaps
Date: Tue Sep 2 10:03:21 2003

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 10:46:09PM -0700, Shawn Betts wrote:

> newkmap frame
> definekey frame r resize
> definekey frame apostrophe fselect
> bind f prefix frame

Looks good, but 'prefix' feels a bit misleading. 'nextkey', 'nextkmap', or
'kmap'
would be more appropriate. BTW, you can define the 'root' keymap to be the
regular (C-t) prefix keymap, for greater flexibility.

> I think this fits with the theme of ratpoison more than Dan's
> patch. But it might be a bit weird for people. I'm still excited about
> the sneakiness of it, so maybe when that wears off I'll think
> otherwise :).

Sure, that patch was just something to get you started from. I hope
we'd come up with more good ideas.

--
Dan Aloni
address@hidden