Re: [RP] Re: History Implementation

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: History Implementation
Date: Tue Sep 16 03:06:08 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 09:01:57AM +0100, Rupert Levene wrote:
> > I use C-M-Backspace.
> >
> > It's a relic from the days when RP had bugs :-)
>
> That way if ratpoison dies you lose your window manager but not your X
> session. You can start RP again from a VT by setting DISPLAY and
> running it. When I remember, I use :quit and then C-M-Backspace to get
> out.

I think I've posted it here before, but I'm sending my .xsession again in
case anyone is interested in how I do it.

Ratpoison gives different exit values when it dies compared to when it
ends by user request. Why wouldn't you wanna use that?

if [ -x /usr/bin/ratpoison ]
then
        WM="/usr/bin/ratpoison"
else if [ -x $HOME/bin/`uname -s`-`uname -m`/ratpoison ]
then
        WM="$HOME/bin/`uname -s`-`uname -m`/ratpoison"
else if [ -x /usr/local/bin/ratpoison ]
then
        WM="/usr/local/bin/ratpoison"
else if [ -x /usr/bin/X11/ratpoison ]