Re: [RP] Re: ratpoison prefix on winkey

From: twb
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: ratpoison prefix on winkey
Date: Sun Nov 16 07:34:16 2003

Quoth Nicolas Rachinsky <address@hidden> on or about Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:48:57
+0100:
> * Shawn Betts <address@hidden> [2003-11-16 00:25 -0800]:
> > Rainer Trusch <address@hidden> writes:
> > escape <winkey>
>
> I do this quite successful, but I can't bind Super_L (that's my
> right winkey) to anything, ratpoison binds it automatically to two
> functions (meta and other), none of them works, even after unbinding
> one or both (and rebinding anything else).

When you press super_l (after doing `xmodmap -e 'remove ModN =
Super_L'`, and `:escape super_l`), does the cursor change to the box?

Alternately, check (using xev) if pressing Super_L generates a
FocusOut event (working) instead of a KeyPress (not working).

You have found a bug anyway.  Observe this session:

:help
 C-t other
 C-t meta
:escape e
:help
 e other
 e meta         <== this behavior needs to be fixed[0]?
:escape C-e
:help
 C-e other
 e meta

[0]: Obviously I don't make policy; seems to me to be a bug.

Without any checking, here's a rough&ready diff (by hand)
<--------snip-------->
actions.c
@ 1523:7, 1523:8 @
        /* Update the "meta" keybinding */
        action = find_keybinding(prefix_key.sym, 0, map);
+       if (key.state) //There must be one or more modifiers
        if (action != NULL && !strcmp (action->data, "meta"))
        {
          action->key = key->sym;
          action->state = 0;
        }
from cvs, circa 2wk ago.

Actually, I think a more generic form of indirection would be cooler
(i.e. :bind RP_Escape meta; :bind RP_Escape_Modless meta), but I don't
even redefine my escape; I'm too lazy to do the legwork.

HTH HAND
-trent