[RP] Re: ratpoison prefix on winkey

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: [RP] Re: ratpoison prefix on winkey
Date: Sun Nov 16 00:26:17 2003

Rainer Trusch <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Shawn,
>
> I just started trying ratpoison on my laptop. I don't like C-t prefix
> and would like to set it to the winkey. Trying somthing like
>
> escape Mod4
> or
> escape 0x73
>
> doesn't work, but I assume ratpoison doesn't accept these codes
> anyway.
>
> Is there a way to manage that within ratpoison or an externel program
> that simply let the winkey behave like C-t? Of course, I could rebind
> all the commands with xbindkeys, but this is tediuos.

Hi Rainer,

Yes there is a way. First you need to make sure the winkey is not a
modifier. Run the command:

xmodmap

and if the winkey is one of the lists, remove it (see the xmodmap man
page). Once you've done that, Type the keys (in ratpoison)

C-t winkey

it should say '<winkey> unbound key' where <winkey> is the name of the
key as X11 sees it. Use that name to set the escape key:

escape <winkey>

and that should work. Let me know if you need more info.

Shawn